Ask Questions Before You Hire

What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?

From an income tax point of view, only a tax attorney, CPA or an Enrolled Agent can represent taxpayers before the IRS and other state tax agencies. Qualification between these three will depend on training and experience. Ask a lot of questions. You’re not looking for the most brilliant star; you’re looking for the brightest star that can help you.

From a bookkeeping point of view, you are looking for someone who has manual bookkeeping experience who can convert that experience into entering data into an accounting software program within the basic understanding of tax law.