Training & Education

What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?

An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a federally-licensed tax practitioner, required to take 72 hours of continuing education every three years. This education must meet strict IRS guidelines and must be in the areas of Federal Tax, Federal Tax Updates and a minimum of two hours per year in Ethics. I am also a dues-paying member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA). To maintain my NAEA membership, I am required to take 30 hours of continuing education every year.

As a personal preference, I regularly take over 50 hours of continuing education annually, primarily concentrating on audits, appeals, protests, collections and bankruptcies.

As a member of NAEA, I am eligible to attend training to become a National Tax Practice Institute (NTPI) Fellow, which a three-year educational program that extends the education and training beyond earning one’s EA designation. I will have earned my NTPI Fellow designation November 11, 2016.

In addition to my federal tax license, I have a two-year accounting degree and have taught accounting and corporate finance courses in college as an adjust professor.

As a matter of necessity, I have been a QuickBooks ProAdvisor off and on since 1999.